High yields are just the start.
Since its 2006 start in Australia, Nuseed has experienced rapid global growth. Nuseed now has seed sales in approximately 30 countries plus regional headquarters and advanced trials in Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
Our global R&D teams develop unique canola, sorghum and sunflower plant input traits with agronomic and yield benefits, and output traits with consumer benefits that go Beyond Yield™ by producing novel oils and proteins for completely new end-use markets.
There are over 250 Nuseed employees working across 11 global locations plus two Innovation Centers with state-of-the-art molecular labs. Nuseed is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nufarm Limited (ASX:NUF).
Our teams are developing unique plant traits and new top performing canola, sorghum and sunflower hybrids that create new value-added markets and shared value chain opportunities. Our focus is Beyond Yield and here’s how it is making a real difference:
- Land produced DHA-rich omega-3 for food, feed and pharma to reduce pressure on ocean fish supply
- High quality, gluten free sorghum by converting the world’s fifth largest crop from feed to food production
- Healthy oil alternatives for the restaurant and food processing industry
- More beef, pork, chicken and milk from the same amount of feed by enhancing the digestible energy in sorghum
- Healthier sunflower snacks for markets around the world and leading the premium confection sunflower category
- Saving water by delivering similar biomass and feed energy from drought tolerant sorghum to replace corn
- Creating shared added value from grower to processor to consumer
- A collaborative business culture that puts consumers and customers first, empowers employees and is committed to business excellence
And we are just getting started. Our low saturated fat and virtually trans-fat free Monola® canola oil and Wholis™ our premium food grade sorghum are two brands already bringing better nutrition to consumers.
These are exciting times at Nuseed. Our new Onyx premium all-black confection sunflower brand is innovative and industry leading and we will soon announce two brands that will help address the omega-3 deficit in our global diets.
Our commitment to Beyond Yield is about surpassing expectations. Surpassing what’s typically expected from a seed and a seed company. It’s what makes Nuseed different.