Insect Scouting & Management Crucial
June 4, 2018
Insect Management Guidelines
- Correct pest identification is key.
- Follow correct scouting protocols and base insecticide application decisions on economic thresholds.
- Scout fields more often as key pests come into critical windows based on an insect scouting calendar.
- Use integrated pest management strategies for optimal insect control.
- Where appropriate, use insecticide seed treatments to reduce damage from below-ground insects.
- Use an in-furrow insecticide at planting to control chewing insects.
- In some regions, seed-boring insects can be controlled with insecticides during the bloom stage.
Go to the link below for to download the NDSU Extension Pest Management App.